“IF YOU KNOW THE WHY, THE HOW IS EASY”
“Simplify, Simplify, Simplify”
WHY BOARDS MATTER’S mission is to strengthen and enrich nonprofit art boards via their participation in the rigorous, pro bono day-long on-site WHY ARE WE ALL HERE? Facilitated Discussion Program.
Participating boards recharge their commitment to the WHYS of their inspiration, aspiration, vision and mission, which inevitably increases the success of the HOWS of their program, operations, finance and development.
A SUCCESSFUL WBM ENGAGEMENT LEAVES A BOARD WITH:
- An awareness of the board’s role as a “Wisdom Council” and “Purpose Keepers.”
- A renewed understanding of commitment to the nonprofit’s vision and core values. (Especially for newer trustees)
- Techniques to keep vision and mission first and foremost and central to the daily operations and long term planning of the nonprofit.
- Board meeting agendas that reinforce awareness to the nonprofit’s core values.
- Techniques to ensure the centrality of inspiration, spirit and core values in identifying and electing new board members, and leadership transition at board and staff levels.
- Assessment of current concordance of operational, management and financial decisions with the nonprofit’s mission.
- Greater appreciation and respect for the range of trustee viewpoints, and the facility to resolve opposing ideas to ensure peace and harmony on the board.
- Establishing value centered communication between board committees.
- The practice of “Entrepreneurial Philanthropy”: basing development activities on inspiration and vision in order to achieve substantially greater fundraising results.
- Happier, more committed and motivated board members.